Friday, February 1, 2013

Valentine's Day 1 - 2013
February 1, 2013
My husband/Honey made this for me out of wood from a pallet he found. There was one similar to it on the cover of the December issue of Country Living magazine. I told him I loved it and hinted that there was lots of wood left over from the pallet he used to make a coffee table. Many weeks went by and the wood sat in a lonely pile on the floor of the garage his woodshop. I really wanted him to make something fabulous out of the pallet wood, so I left the magazine in his shop. Still, the wood went untouched. I left the magazine on his pile of rc plane magazines. Surely he would see the picture and be inspired to make it for me. I made his favorite dinners. No cabinet. I began to think it was not going to happen. No cabinet for me. I tried one more time to leave the magazine where he would not be able to miss it.
Much to my surprise, I received a text message from Honey while I was at work. There it was! A picture of this beautiful cabinet just for me.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment